Guitar amplifiers are electronic devices or modules that amplify the weak audio signal from an acoustic guitar, solid guitar, or bass guitar so it can create sound via one or several loudspeakers, usually housed in an aluminum or wood cabinet. There are several types of guitar amps available in the market today; you should know some basic things about your guitar before buying an amplifier. You can check out this amp reviews to asist you in choosing the right amplifier. This is to avoid buying an amplifier that may not suit your need and will just waste your time and money. The following are tips on how to choose a guitar amp:
- Buy a combo guitar amp. Buying a full-power guitar amp with a separate direct input and output is a waste of money. A good choice is a combo amp that has a switched back and forth option. When using a combo, do not forget to attach the auxiliary effects cable to the line out. It is also advisable to remove the front panel first before connecting the pedalboards.
- Look for different amp voices. Different guitar amps come with different amp voices that are great for different musical styles. For instance, the difference between a rock and a classical guitar amp voice is quite vast. For best effect, get an amp that has several different voices.
- Get a valve guitar amp. One advantage of valve amps is their transparent tone. However, the downside of valve amps is their lack of power compared to other types of guitar amplifiers. For this reason, many professional guitar players prefer to use high-gain tones from high-gain transformers.
- Get a good guitar amp with the best valve voicings. When picking out a guitar amp for your first endeavor, make sure you get one with good valve voicings. The difference between an electric and acoustic guitar amp voicings is huge in the sound that each type produces. Most guitar players use acoustic guitars mainly for softer tones, so it is not recommended to use a valve amp with a loud tone.
- Focus on a reliable manufacturer. Some guitar companies have made products that simply do not deliver quality. These manufacturers release inferior product models in hopes that people will not know about their limitations. As such, a wise first-time guitar buyer should always opt for reputed brands.
- Know what effects to get. Some guitar amp models have a wide range of effects that can be altered. For instance, some amplifiers let you change the tone of chords or play lead when you are holding down the sustain pedal. Other models only come with one effect and these are the essence of a solid-state amp. If you cannot afford a ready made amplifier, you can decide to diy tube amp that will also serve the purpose.
- Maximize your signal. Many guitar players simply buy as many channels as their fender can fit while some go the other way. What you need to do is determine how many speakers you want to use. If you do not have much knowledge on multi-channel amps then the best thing to do is buy an amp that allows you to use all eight channels of the speaker. Do not buy speakers that will be difficult for you to control because you will only be wasting time adjusting its volume. If you want to know more about this topic, then click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplifier.